Committee Members 2015-2016
Co-chairs: Bru Barry
and J.D. Scrimgeour
Members: Peter Sampieri,
Ken Harris, Jim DeFilippi,
Kevin Carey, Katherine Howe,
Colleen Michaels, Shari Frost,
Purpose: The goal of the Writers Committee is to make the Salem Athenaeum the Writers’ Center of the North Shore, supporting ongoing programs for developing authors.
Composition: The Writer’s Committee is chaired by a member of the Board of Trustees and may have as many additional members, including non-trustees, as needed to complete its work. The President and Director are ex-officio members of the committee.
Authorization: The chairs will select the committee members. The Writers Committee is authorized by the Board and can be dissolved by the board if no longer needed.
Meetings: The committee will meet year round and as needed to accomplish its objectives.
- Develop and propose annual and long term goals and objectives for board approval in alignment.
- Recommend to the board any needed policies.
- Develop and recommend to the board an annual budget.
- Develop and implement annual programming responsive to community needs and in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Secure approval for any contracts with the President.
- Coordinate use of the Athenaeum with other committees and the Librarian.
- Coordinate marketing and program promotion with Education, Membership and Communications Committees.
Playwriters’ Draft Postings
Art in the Garden Party
Writing Workshop—Poems from the Garden with Julia Lisella
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Playwriting Workshop with Peter Sampieri
***Rescheduled from March 20***