Committee Members 2015-2016
Co-chairs: Bru Barry
and J.D. Scrimgeour
Members: Peter Sampieri,
Ken Harris, Jim DeFilippi,
Kevin Carey, Katherine Howe,
Colleen Michaels, Shari Frost,
Purpose: The goal of the Writers Committee is to make the Salem Athenaeum the Writers’ Center of the North Shore, supporting ongoing programs for developing authors.
Composition: The Writer’s Committee is chaired by a member of the Board of Trustees and may have as many additional members, including non-trustees, as needed to complete its work. The President and Director are ex-officio members of the committee.
Authorization: The chairs will select the committee members. The Writers Committee is authorized by the Board and can be dissolved by the board if no longer needed.
Meetings: The committee will meet year round and as needed to accomplish its objectives.
- Develop and propose annual and long term goals and objectives for board approval in alignment.
- Recommend to the board any needed policies.
- Develop and recommend to the board an annual budget.
- Develop and implement annual programming responsive to community needs and in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Secure approval for any contracts with the President.
- Coordinate use of the Athenaeum with other committees and the Librarian.
- Coordinate marketing and program promotion with Education, Membership and Communications Committees.
Playwriters’ Draft Postings
All lectures, concerts, workshops, and groups are now online. Please check this website for updates on times and login credentials.
Summer Salon: Storytelling—RAIN DATE
Summer Salon: Heroic Care Anthology
Salem Literary Festival