August 9, 2019 @ 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
337 Essex St.
$15 members/$20 non-members/Free student with ID.
Join us on the lawn for a special Friday evening concert of Puccini, Mancini, and Duke by Boston Saxophone Quartet.
The Boston Saxophone Quartet is a unique blend of musicians who have performed with the Boston Pops and Boston Symphony Orchestra and leading Broadway theaters throughout New England. Their repertoire ranges from Swing, Ragtime, Jazz, The Beatles … all the way back to the Renaissance.
This evening’s program will include:
1. Toccata – Girolamo Frescobaldi
2. Pink Panther – Henry Mancini
3. Mio Bambino Caro from Gianni Schicchi – Giacomo Puccini
4. Satin Doll – Duke Ellington
5. I love You – Cole Porter
6. Pan-Am Rag – Tom Turpin
7. Triste – Antonio Carlos Jobim
8. All that Jazz from Chicago – John Kander
9. Gershwin Medley from Porgy and Bess– arr. by Matt Marvuglio
10. In the Mood – Glenn Miller