• Book borrowing privileges
• Personalized reading recommendations
• Extended loans with no overdue fines
• Advance notice and discounts on programs
• Invitations to all events, including the Garden Party
• Subscription to quarterly newsletter
• Wireless Internet Access in the reading room and garden
• Children’s collection and family programs
• Dogs on leashes may accompany you inside and in the garden.
Individual Subscribers— $90
Household Subscribers— $120
Proprietor Assessment— $300 per share
Subscriber Memberships renew on a rolling basis throughout the year. You will be notified when it is time to renew. Proprietor Assessments are set at the Annual Meeting in May and become due on June 1st each year. Please renew promptly so that we can continue to bring you the programs and books that you enjoy.
If you prefer to send your renewal by mail, please make your check payable to the Salem Athenaeum and send to 337 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Membership dues and donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Proprietors of the Salem Athenaeum is a 501c3 organization. Our tax ID is 041-802-590.
Additional contributions are always appreciated. See Donations to give in any amount.
New hours begin!
1:00-6:00 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday
Writing Workshop: What are the rules of writing YA, and when can I break them?
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Adams Lecture: David Blight
Fall/Winter Exhibit Opening
MFA’s Art in Bloom Roadshow
Welcome Winter: Open House